How to participate
Why get involved with the Sentilo project?
There are many motivations for why people participate in an open source project like Sentilo.
- To help bring the benefits of Sentilo to your city or company
- To support a customer or other commercial venture that relies on Sentilo
- To develop credentials for consulting work related to Sentilo
- To bring something to Sentilo that you've always wanted to see done
- To have fun, working with a international team of volunteers
Sentilo is not just a developers project, it is a multidisciplinary open source project
You don't need to be a programmer to contribute to Sentilo, although you're welcome if you are. Our project involves a large range of different skills, levels of involvement and degrees of technical expertise. So, if you want to get involved in Sentilo, there is almost certainly a role for you.
We are looking for people to:
- Promote Sentilo in their cities and help explain its benefits
- Write or update documentation
- Help support other users
- Test the program, report bugs and fix bugs
- Code new features and integrate more sensors and actuators
- Design artwork and other marketing materials
- Translate to different languages
- Maintain the website and develop new materials
- Anything you can see that needs doing
We welcome and encourage participation, and try to make it as easy as possible for people to get involved.
How to get started
Sentilo is a young project, so it's very easy to be involved into.
- If you are familiar with open source development then you might just jump in. Subscribe to our forums in Google Groups, introduce yourself with your objectives and we'll help you get started. Or follow us in Twitter and Facebook and you're already involved.
- If you're representing a company or a city that want to participate in the Sentilo cocreation area, just send us a message and we'll let know how to do it.
- If you want to contribute with code or any plugin just send us a message and we'll let know how to do it in GitHub.