- What is a cookie?
- What kinds of cookies we use
- Third parties involved in cookies that are managed by Sentilo:
- Withdrawing your consent
Sentilo.io (“Sentilo”) uses its own and third-party technical session cookies, analytical cookies, and social (plug-in) content sharing cookies in order to allow the site to work properly and help us understand how people use the website by providing information on user’s surfing habits.
What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small text file that is stored on your computer or device when you visit a website. Cookies are used by all websites, and have several different functions. This file can be updated and retrieved by the entity responsible for installing it. Cookies can not read data from your hard drive.
What kinds of cookies we use
In addition to technical cookies for session management, we use analytical cookies and social (plug-in) content sharing cookies.
Analytical cookies allow those responsible for them to monitor behaviour and analyse web users to which they are linked. The information gathered through such cookies is used for measuring the activity of web sites, application or platform and for the profiling of user navigation of such sites, applications and platforms, in order to make improvements based on the analysis of data of users who use the service.
In addition, we use “social (plug-in) content sharing cookies”. So, you can easily share content on social networks. These cookies are integrated into their own platforms (by Web site operators) to facilitate posting content on our site (tweets, etc.) and exchanging content with “friends” (and propose other similar features like posting comments).
Third parties involved in cookies that are managed by Sentilo:
The third parties involved in coolies that are managed by us are:
- Google Analytics (__utma to __utmz): these cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use our site. The information includes the time of the current visit, whether you have been to the site before and what site referred you here. We use this information to estimate our audience size and usage pattern, so that we can improve our site by understanding how people use it. See more at http://www.google.com/intl/es_ALL/analytics/index.html
- quantserve.com: statistics and user surfing data set by WordPress (our web content manager). For more information see here.
- Gravatar widget collects anonymous data (Browser Information, Date/Time, Demographic Data, Serving Domains) and pseudonymous data (IP Address), part of WordPress. For more information, see here.
- Cookies that are set by Facebook and Twitter on pages where their respective “Share” links are included on the page.
Withdrawing your consent
You can withdraw your consent by changing your cookie settings at any time through your browser. We recommend that you don’t change your cookie settings, as we can’t guarantee the performance of the site if you block some or all cookies.
If you do decide to change them, you can do this through your browser. Each browser works in a different way, so you’ll need to search for ‘cookie settings’ in your browser’s help section to find out how to do this. If you prefer, you can choose to turn off specific cookies only, by blocking specific companies. This is also done through your browser cookie settings.
There are available instructions about how to configure the way that cookies works and how to delete the cookies for these browsers (which are the most used) Chrome/Chromium, Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox or Safari. If you use other programs you should consult the help documentation for each browser.